10 Effective Steps to Navigate Divorce with Renewed Hope and Purpose
In this guide by psychologist Dr. Judy Kennedy and divorce recovery coach Julie Connolly, you’ll learn three key questions and ten transformative steps to chart an empowered course into a fulfilling new life.
Divorce is about reorientation and remaking the meaning of your life after the end of a relationship. It invites you to re-learn who you are and create a new relationship with yourself.
Understanding the Transition
Judy and Julie draw upon their own divorce experience and share stories from their clients to give you a deeper understanding of the nature of this transition. Based on powerful therapeutic and coaching models, the content and exercises in the book will help you:
- Gain tools to survive the initial shock, hurt, and grief
- Reduce feelings of overwhelm and gain a sense of control over your life
- Reclaim your power and strengthen your boundaries
- Recover from your heartache and move beyond your fears
- Create a new story for your life filled with meaning and hope
- Reconnect with yourself and rediscover what truly matters
With proven research to aid in an intelligent recovery, you’ll come to understand the end of marriage can provide an incredible new beginning. You are part of a large community of people who share your experience and understand your feelings. You are not alone.
There is hope. There is renewal. There is North of Divorce.
Judy Kennedy, PhD has over 20 years of experience working with executive teams as a business psychologist and in private therapy where she sees both couples and individuals
Julie Connolly, ACC is a certified coach through the International Coach Federation, specializing in divorce recovery and life transitions.